History

St Matthews ChurchThe parish of St Matthew’s was founded in 1895. As then, it remains today an important focal point for a growing community with its prominent position on the busy Wandsworth Bridge Road.

The current church building was completed in the year 2000 and replaced a larger Victorian building which was no longer practical or suitable for our needs. The new church is a versatile space with a dedicated crèche and two meeting rooms. The main church area seats around 150. This can be expanded to around 250 by opening up the adjacent room.